1. I have probably 30 minutes to spare before Allan returns from an orientation session. In that time I could: a) make use of the new (expensive) gym membership Allan paid for this morning or b) give the bathroom a very thorough cleaning but seeing as how I have no inclination to do either, I’ve decided to write a blog post!
2. We are heading to Argos, which has been described to us as Consumers Digest (remember that??) meets Canadian Tire. We have a few more items on our shopping list left from what was otherwise a very, very fruitful outing to Ikea yesterday, where we got Swedish meatballs, plenty of shelving and lots of much-needed kitchen equipment. We also bought 2 extra pillows, extra bedding and towels, plus an extra comforter so we are ready for all our guests (the first of whom will be Mom & Dad Reesor-McDowell in just over a month!).
3. We have no fewer than 8 different types of cheeses in our fridge right now. We’re having grilled cheese, soup + salad for dinner. Yum.
4. It took Allan only one hour this week to find and book great deals for three more trips this term (to Barcelona – a particular steal at just $134 round-trip for both of us -, Brussels, and back to Paris).
5. The picture up top has nothing to do with this post, I just like to include pictures with blog posts.
6. We received the wonderful postcards from our wedding reception! We had a really great time reading them and laughing. Thanks for your love. Even though living in Europe is amazing (see #3 & 4 above), we really miss you guys.
7. Allan’s back! We’re off!
Please excuse our negligence of this blog! We’ve had a whirlwind few weeks of packing, moving, three-part honeymooning (more on that later), settling in to our flat and starting orientation for school. We promise to update soon with stories about our honeymoon and life in London. For now, please enjoy these pictures of us being awesome in Paris.